Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Friend profile: Nora


So, I've been meaning to do this for awhile - give you a taste of who my friends are. Quite simply, they will be Friend Profiles. Easy as pie.

Truthfully, I had this one all set up. However, my phone ran out of texting memory, so I completely forgot that my Q&A sesh with Nora was on there, and, consequently, I deleted all the information you are about to read below. So, a big thanks to Nora for letting me ask her mundane questions about her life and her willingness to answer, again.

This is Nora. She is really excited to be my first profile on my blog. Don't be fooled, that smile is total enthusiasm.

Nora and I met our freshman year at UF, walking home from some fratastic event. We drunkenly learned about each other, and I thought she was crying about some boyfriend who got sent to Mexico. Later on, we became better (sober) friends, and she clarified that he moved to New Mexico. Whoopsies. She's now one of my best friends. We had the foundation that most college best friendships have start with, apparently.

Here are some tidbits about her:
Hometown: Chicago
Lives in: Coral Springs (when not in Gvegas with me)
Status: Taken
Major: Advertising, Minor in Busiess
Fave animal: Wolf
Fave song: "Something" by The Beatles
Best trip: Going to Greece
Pet peeves: Incorrect grammar
Fave place: bookstores
Pets: 2 dogs - Buddy and Daisy, Rex the fish
Ideal guy: Bad boys, ie: tall, skinny, tats, outgoing, chitchatty
Fave color: red

And now, some pictures of Nora and me doing, well, whatever it is Nora and me do. Mostly rage and dress up in ridiculous things and make fun of people who aren't cultured and talk about how much we want to be in the real world or at least just have a real apartment so we don't have to deal with crazy, screaming girls.

Nora and I both used to be emo kids back in the day. So, instantly, we bonded together in our Lily-littered world. To confirm our friendship, we went to a Dashboard Confessional concert together.
Nora and I have become Team T&A when out. We know how to emphasize our assets.
Going through the past 2 years of photos of us together, I am quickly realizing that Nora is always appearing on my left. Literally, always. This is a strange phenomenon.
Last summer, our friendship strengthened significantly when we went to Bonnaroo together. We decided it was our chance to change sorority stereotypes, one adventure at a time. We now use it as a pick-up line for frat guys.
Nora has visited me in Miami a few times. After her last visit, we realized Nora is too much for Miami to handle. But it's okay, I still love her for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment