Monday, June 7, 2010

Lightning storms, sprinkled with choco chips

This past week has been busy, busy, busy. Physically, emotionally and mentally.

Tuesday, I went to Coral Springs for some BFFL time with Nora. Expect a profile on her soon. It was a much-needed getaway, starting with the calmness of getting on the highway for the hour drive. We grabbed lunch, saw Letters to Juliet (for the record, I was outvoted; save it for Blockbuster), made some gazpacho for dinner and I headed home.

It was nice being somewhere I wasn't concerned about running into anyone I may know or dealing with any close-by problems. I've got this mental divide now in my head when I get to the toll on Broad Causeway. I feel like I'm encroaching on someone else's territory and scared who I might see. I'm learning that I'm happy to find places where I can't identify every car in the parking lot. Living on the beach has led to that. Whenever I go back to Pinecrest, I'm astounded about how I know half the people driving by me. It freaks me out a little. It also makes me feel a little disconnected from a world I used to have such a large presence in.

Friday, I didn't have to work, so a mother-daughter evening took place. We saw Sex and the City 2, which I actually thoroughly enjoyed. I was treated to some fabulous single-again shoes after (thanks Mom!), following the rule of the longer the relationship, the higher the heel. I can't wait to actually have somewhere to wear them to. Then, we ate a late sushi dinner. I actually slept pretty well that night.

The other parts of the week were spent working and cleaning out my closet. Work's a bitch, like usual. Last night, I ended up staying for over 8 hours and being charged $15 for parking. I can't wait to get this paycheck to make up for the frustration of being on my feet and dealing with stupid people that long. My big project was a total closet clean-out. It took till Friday to complete. Yes, I have a large closet, and yes, I have a lot of clothes. They're something I truly find enjoyment in. I'm proud to report that the past two years' purchases have been smart ones, as I realized that most of those clothes I wear on a regular basis. I'm getting fashion savvy as I age apparently.

The more I clean, the better I feel. The catharsis is good for me. I'm just scared I'm going to peak out soon, as I haven't been sleeping the past couple nights and my mind is constantly restless. I guess I'll just have to wait it out and see how long it takes to get over all this.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, sounds like you had a week all in all. I'm really glad you're keeping up with this blog, Natasha. I like reading about what's goin on with you and SoFla.

    ReplyDelete