Sunday, June 20, 2010

Bites and blisters

First, a side note. I don't know why I can't keep my titles from being two parts. It's like a compulsion to include as much as possible in a snappy little line. Please bear with me as I work on that.

The past few days since my last post have been busy, yet uneventful. Semi-Annual Sale has left me without a moment to breathe when I'm at work, which were long hours from Wednesday to Friday. Friday evening, my mom's bf and his kids came into town for her birthday. We have a lot of people in a small space right now. We celebrated by beaching it on Saturday, then going to dinner at Shucker's. When we BBQ'd on Friday night, I managed to get eaten alive on the backs of my legs. Just a few days before, my ankles finally stopped being swollen to the point of having no visible bones from whatever caused an allergic reaction while I was at Bonnaroo. My poor body can't catch a break when it comes to my Benadryl intake apparently.

Today, I headed over to my dad's to log some Father's Day time and eat some dinner. Before, I stopped at a Victoria's Secret on the way. I really hate shoppy-shopping at my store, where I know everyone at work, exactly what we have, where everything is and can't freely wander without chitchatting with my coworkers. Call it a guitly pleasure, the freedom of anonymity, if you will. Everyone leaves tomorrow and Anna and Melissa are headed down. We're going to go diving on Tuesday, I'm so pumped between the scuba and getting to log some time with them while showing them around Miami. Ridiculously enough though, I can't wait to thoroughly clean this condo during that gap of visitors. I guess you really do become your mother. (And no, mom. That was not a stab at you. That just means that I need things to be clean and orderly, and I inherited that trait from you.)

Since getting back, my running's been a really big high for me. I'm getting to personal bests for myself, and I'm getting close to times and endurance from when I was hardcore about it, when I graduated high school and the summer after. Today, I noticed little blisters, which, while gross, are a sign that I'm actually getting into a habit. It feels good, and I want to keep it up.


1 comment:

  1. Btw, didn't know you were abroad! I hope you had a fabulous time and I wish we could have bumped into eachother over there in Europe!

    ReplyDelete