Thursday, July 1, 2010

Homebody


Since I last wrote, I've realized I've been nesting.

I have no idea why, but I've been overcome by a desire to clean things, cook, to beautify my room, to change where things are in my room and to just generally wallow in nostalgia. I realized on Tuesday that part of this may be because I'm truly entering into the "adult" stage of my life - I can't deny that I'm not a kid anymore, and I'm going to be out in the real world pretty soon. I've been doing a lot of reflecting on what my friends, new and old, mean to me and the ways I've changed since meeting them. Plus, today starts my third month of love life detoxing, which was originally supposed to just last through May. It accidentally kept going, so I guess I'll be unarguably mentally, emotionally and physically prepared for new happenings once I get back to Gainesville. Add to that the realization that this is most likely my last long summer at home, and I've been an emotional wreck. The nostalgic whim of kissing off kidland even made me start a bucket list late one night. Oyvey.

So, aside from my ludicrous emotional turmoil, nothing too big, event-wise at least, has been happening. Sunday evening, after my last post, DG had people over for a potluck dinner. So sophisticated was the verdict on this idea. It also made us feel old. See, I can't escape this transition anywhere I go. Anywho, dinner was great and seeing old friends was fantastic - we had interesting conversations ranging from who's getting pregnant from high school to international lovers. Classy stuff, really.




After, I saw another group of friends and we all watched the Entourage premiere together. I was happy, as I didn't even know the show was starting again so soon. Monday, I overslept. And since, I have been doing too much of that. It probably didn't help that I was at work till nearly 2 a.m. that night and, consequently, slept till 1 in the afternoon the next day. Luckily, Wednesday night I wasn't kept so late, but my sleep schedule is still ridiculously (and frustratingly) out of whack. Plus, when I do finally get to sleep, it's a lot of tossing and turning. I'm waiting for the crash to come soon. And honestly, I'll be relieved once it does. I'm sick of waking up in the middle of a crazy dream and being groggy for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment