Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Improvement

This past week, while not a full-blown excitementfest, has managed to be better than the previous ones. I'm waking up, I'm moving, I'm getting things (kind of) done.

Wednesday, I visited the Abuelos in the late afternoon. I was running early, and my grandmother was running late, but it ended up working out perfectly. I decided to go in their backyard, to go explore around the lake, like I used to when I was little. While the tadpoles aren't there anymore, I did get to find some baby turtles hanging out by the shore. Then, I was fed empanadas and arepas, and I got some to go. Nomnom. After that, I stopped by my dad's to visit and eat dinner over there. On the way home, I managed to have perfect timing to see my old friend Christin. She's living in Coconut Grove now, and I found the perfect parking spot, like it was destined. It really was so good to catch up with her, it had been a good year or so. We spent a good 2 hours talking about life and what we'd done and what we're going to go. It felt really good to be connected again.

I don't really remember what I did Thursday. Guess it wasn't that big of a deal. Friday, I had a momdate. We browsed through some stores on Lincoln Road, ate dinner at Van Dyke's and sawGet Him to the Greek. We had to give it a bit before we could both laugh out loud sitting next to one another.

Saturday was a busy day. My body decided that 8 a.m. was a good time to get up. I rolled around in bed before I had to get up. I met up with Sam and her friend Caitlin at the Red Bull Flugtag downtown at Bayfront Park. It was ridiculous, and exactly as the commercials show it. Again, just utter ridiculousness - people put so much time and money into building huge contraptions, only to dance around them and then crash them into the water below.

Eventually, we couldn't stand the heat any longer (it was hottttt) and headed our separate ways to go home. Jorge and Lea had been at the event, so they met up at my place, where we hung out and went swimming in the ocean. After they left, I took a pleasant little nap while it rained. Later that night, I went over to Christin's for a girl's night. Wine, sappy romantic comedies, brie, brownies and good friends full of thoughtful discussion really made it a success, and I came home relaxed and ready for a fitful night's sleep, something I had really been needing.

Sunday was spent at work, and Monday, I ran some much-needed and badly-put-off errands. Today, I enjoyed the sun, something I've been neglecting to take advantage of. I have less than a month of summer left, and it's starting to freak me out. While I'm ready to get things moving and shaking again in Gvegas, I also know how badly I'm going to miss home.

No comments:

Post a Comment