Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Bittersweet things

This weekend was spent in Gainesville, seeing friends and doing general college town shenanigans. It was good to see everyone, as usual, and to appreciate what they've come to mean to me. Also, after our Ginnie Springs trip, we reflected on if there will ever be another time in our lives when we will load up on school buses full of a pallet of Natty's and float down a river for a few hours, just enjoying ourselves and the moment. Our conclusion was no, we have 2 more years to do all this and we better enjoy every remaining minute on it.

So bittersweet, but it made me so excited to go back in the fall. I'm looking forward to truly taking advantage of what's left of my college career. Especially given that I was asked a good 3 times at a Friday latenight if I was a freshman. While I had to tell the nice little frat boys that, no, I was actually their elder, it also brought to my attention that I better use my youth while it's still there.

Now, I'm home and sick. No bueno, but I think that now I've gotten through the first 48 hours of it, my sinuses are starting to regulate themselves again. I know you really wanted to read all that, sorry.

My nose might also be on the breathable side now because I started bawling while I was watching a movie involving a kitty that looked like my old one. I miss George. A lot a lot a lot. And as much as I keep pushing for a new one, he was a special one and always will be. It still makes me upset that we had to leave him at my old house, but I just imagine he's happier there than he would be cooped up in the condo.

I've spent a good majority of this night sitting on my balcony, watching all that is Miami. This view has become one of my favorite things in the world. You can see all the cars like ants, watch the weather rolling in, the ocean always churning in the background. I intend to enjoy the last 2 1/2 weeks I have of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment