Friday, May 28, 2010

Home, finally

I finally got back to Miami last night, a little before 10 p.m.

It was a heck of a journey and crashing was inevitable, it happened as soon as I put my body in a horizontal position in my condo.

On the bright side of all my issues and travel changes, I got first-class treatment. Literally. From Berlin to Amsterdam, I flew "world class business," which was the highest level of comfort that the plane offered. Then, on my transatlantic flight from Amsterdam to Atlanta, I flew flat-out first class. Champagne before take-off, seats that you could control which part to adjust, and four-course meals were just part of the perks. I never want to do a long flight in economy again.

Atlanta was a different story. Not so luxurious. I freaked out a bit since my bag never came through the customs baggage claim, and the longer I waited, the closer I came to missing my flight home. They told me it would just end up in Miami, so I ran off to get my boarding pass. I forgot that this is Memorial Weekend, which means South Beach is where all the playas play for a few days. Meaning they all left Atlanta and were all on my flight.

Touchdown in Miami was such a relief after such a long time of travel, and even longer for me - being awake. This morning, it was nice to get a glass of milk that was cold and step out onto my terrace to look at the ocean. At the same time, it was a bit quiet and lonely.

Ohwell, I'll adjust. Now I need to tackle unpacking (ughhh), getting some color back and running, again. I'm going to keep this blog going, till at least August, so I'll keep you updated on how all these things go.

No comments:

Post a Comment