Thursday, May 13, 2010

Europe-bound in t-13 hours


Today was exhausting and then some, yet I can't wind down enough to sleep. I know part is still being alert from work, part is the excitement of leaving tomorrow and part is packing anxiety.
I don't know why, but I take forever to pack. And I am absolutely horrible at it. No matter where I go, whom I go with or how long I go there, I end up wearing/using/even just considering 30 percent of the things I bring with me. Plus, all the things I bring with me always come in a suitcase that somehow dwarfs everyone else's. One day, I swear I will master packing. For now, I'll just blame it on not having the right clothes.

Earlier, I ran around getting stuff for my trip. I ended up buying a small pharmacy from Target (later, I learned I am n
ot a fan of how fizzy Airborne is, fantastic berry flavor or not) and spending way too much money on too few electronics at Best Buy. Can't wait to get that credit card bill.

On the more inspiring side, I've had some Germans come into work, tonight being no exception. I've been telling them about my trip as a way to distract them from how much they're buying. Also, my European conversions have gotten fantastic. I almost feel compelled to try on a bra once I get to Berlin just to prove I can figure out my size in nearly almost any other country.

No comments:

Post a Comment