Thursday, May 27, 2010

Tchoos, Berlin


It's hard to believe this trip is over.

I'm writing this from Tegel Airport, waiting for my flight. Because of the strike, my original 6:55 a.m. flight to Paris was cancelled, leaving me with a couple hours to try and sleep. Try being the key word. Pulling an all-nighter to sleep on the plane would have worked out great, but I guess it's better to be in this position than hanging out in an airport for 6 hours. Now I'm headed to Amsterdam (unfortunately my layover is too short for any wandering), then Atlanta (fingers crossed though - they won't give me my boarding pass till I get there) and then I'll be back home with one more flight.

I really am astounded that it's been two weeks already. The people I met were overall awesome, and I really hope to stay friends with them (if this applies to you, I mean it.) I'm not totally sure how I feel about Berlin as a city though. There are a lot of pros - all the parks, the alternative and liberal mindset, the history. Yet, there's the weather issue and the general sense of being impersonal and unapproachable. I guess I have some long plane rides to figure it out.

Update: Here are a couple pictures of the last day, which was spent visiting the Reichstag and then having dinner at the TV Tower.


No comments:

Post a Comment