Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Back to disarray

The past two weeks have been something short of crazy.

I went into denial about leaving Miami, and I am still sad to leave home. I think the big lurking problem is that home isn't going to be where I live in a few years. It freaks me out. I'm pretty sure my quarter-life crisis is on its way. I'd give it a year or so till it hits full-force.

I drove up to Gainesville on Saturday night. I stayed with my grandbig, who had this lovely idea, so my energy would be saved for the next day. It turned out to be a brilliant move, as I was able to get my room semi-organized, plus my stuff out of storage. On Monday, the mom came and helped me set up more stuff. She had the same frustration with our new loft furniture as I did, despite her not having to sleep in a bed that gives you less than 2 feet of headroom between the mattress and the ceiling. Yesterday, I finally managed to get things 100 percent situated. The accomplishment was a great success in my book.

Today started Pi Chi Spirit Week. Being told to just bring a bathing suit and towel, I rightfully assumed we were going to Ginnie Springs. After doing some group bonding activities, we did a nice little float down the river. Until Wednesday, we have some serious days ahead of us. At least it beats doing walk outs at the sorority house.

No comments:

Post a Comment